How do I care for my Fool’s Gold pieces?
- Using dish soap mixed with water, saturate the piece then gently clean with a soft lint-free cloth
- We seal our brass jewelry to increase the longevity of its shine, but eventually, that sealant will wear off and the piece will need to be cleaned. To remove any remaining sealant before cleaning, use acetone to gently buff it away.
- Next, mix together 1 cup of water, 1-1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, and 1 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Brush away any visible build-up with a soft brush, and then let your piece soak in this lemon mixture for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse in lukewarm water and dry it completely with a soft cloth.
- After it’s clean, you can choose to seal it again with a wax or lacquer.
- Store in an anti-tarnish tissue or cloth bag.
- For all materials other than solid gold: Please remove your jewelry while exercising, showering and swimming. Avoid contact with perfumes, lotions or hair products. Do not use harsh chemicals, bleach or oil, as this can affect the finishing. Fool’s Gold is not responsible for the maintenance of your jewelry. As with all costume jewelry, last on and first off is the rule.
My jewelry is turning my skin green, what do I do?
Everyone’s skin type is different. Some people have strong reactions to brass, bronze, nickel and gold plating. If you are susceptible to this, please avoid buying non-solid gold or sterling silver jewelry. We do not offer refunds or returns for this reason. We apologize in advance.
When will my order arrive?
Most orders are packed and shipped within 5-10 business days of your purchase. Most of our pieces are made-to-order, and will take up to two weeks to ship out. Please allow for processing time when choosing shipping method at checkout. You will receive a link to an order status page when you check out. Feel free to save that email or email us for it.
A tracking number will be provided when your order has been shipped. If you still haven’t received it, please contact us with your order number and email address. Tracking information can sometimes take a few days to update.
Do I need to pay international taxes and duties?
Your order may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. The general amount for the duties and taxes fee is 20% of the dollar amount of the merchandise. However, this is just a general guideline and may vary depending on the country to which the order was shipped. You should contact your customs office for specific amounts and percentages.
Fool’s Gold cannot control and is not responsible for any duties/taxes applied to your package. You will be responsible for paying additional charges for customs clearance. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information. Note, in rare occasions custom agents may delay delivery of some packages. By law, we must declare all items at their full price and cannot alter this amount to decrease international custom fees.
If you refuse a shipment from Fool’s Gold, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any import fees, duties and/or taxes that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to Fool’s Gold. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund. In the instance that the return fee exceeds the amount of the merchandise plus shipping costs, the package will be abandoned and you will not be refunded.
Am I still required to pay customs, duties, taxes, and collection fees when I receive ‘Free International Shipping’?
Yes, all international orders may be subject to taxes and duties. These fees are charged by your government and are entirely separate from any shipping fees.
How do I use my discount code?
You can use your discount code at the checkout page.
Do you allow returns or exchanges?
We do allow for returns or exchanges within 30 days of your order. All final sale items cannot be returned or exchanged. For our full return and exchange policy, click here.
How long does it take to process my return?
Once we have received your package, your refund will be processed within seven business days. You will be notified via email at the address listed on your account when this transaction has taken place. Please note that your banking institution may require additional days to process and post this transaction to your account once they have received the information from us.
I’m unsure about a size or I have a fit question. How do I find this information?
Exact measurements for all items are listed in the product descriptions. Due to the handcrafted nature of our products (aka me making them), our sizing can be a little inconsistent (for now!!). If you still have specific questions about the size of an item or measurement guidelines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I Love Fool’s Gold And Want To Carry Your Brand!
We love you too! Please contact email@example.com with any wholesale inquiries